HACCP or Hazards Analysis Critical Control Points is a global, European and UK standard of risk management within food oriented environments.
HACCP training service providers including the knowledgeable trainers at Food Alert can offer continued monitoring and advise how to maintain records effectively after the training day. This can prove invaluable to clients.
This is an overview of what is normally learned during HACCP training courses:
- Every component of the HACCP food safety management system.
- Risk awareness.
- The purpose of the HACCP system and its benefits.
- How to use HACCP in the workplace.
- The seven principles of HACCP.
- Establishing HACCP food hygiene management systems.
- Identifying HACCP procedures.
- Food hygiene – assessing critical control areas.
- Forms of contamination and their numerous sources.
- Control methods to prevent contamination.
- How to reduce or eliminate the risks using HACCP.
- Understand how HACCP procedures reduce risks.
- Details of employers tools for workplace safety and staff competency.
- Hazard recognition and critical control points.
- Corrective actions at all levels of employment.
- Role-play and audio/visual media are used during HACCP training to reinforce information from the trainer.
- Each student undertakes an examination which is set in a multiple choice layout.
- All successful students receive a certificate in the weeks after their HACCP training.
- The certificate can be displayed proudly. It’s proof of HACCP compliance and HACCP controls in your workplace.
- HACCP is often used for audit purposes and during Food Standards Agency/local authority inspections.
Is there a chance for HACCP training development?
Yes. The above HACCP course outline was for the basic course.
This can be followed by a higher level and more in depth three day HACCP course which is tailored to management, supervisors and business owners’ requirements.
It’s recommended that anyone who will have any sort of managerial role in the HACCP process should take this course.
A reputable training firm, like Food Alert, will be able to build scenarios and use your business as a base for the training.
If you produce pralines they can talk about pralines not an unrelated product. This helps to drive messages home to the student.
Where can HACCP training be taken?
HACCP training courses can be delivered at your business premises or at the training company’s base.
There is an online equivalent for the basic course outlined above which is called MyHACCP. However, the HACCP course for higher level (level 3) must be taken in person.
No one can afford to ignore HACCP training. The cost of an HACCP training course will always be returned manifold in the knowledge and practices that a business can employ to make itself a better food provider and a health and safety aware firm.
It also tells clients, suppliers and anyone who may enter your business premises that your firm is responsible, pro-active and that it invests in its employees for everyone’s good.
Invest today, benefit forever.